The Cambridge Military hospital was named after Prince George. It was first opened on the 18th of July 1879.
During the First World War, this hospital acted as the first base hospital to receive those who were injured. Another little fact is that it was the first place where plastic surgery took place in Britain.
After both the first and second world war, there was a decline in the importance of military commitments, so civilians started to get admitted to the hospital.
The building eventually closed down on February 2nd in 1996 as the cost of keeping the old building a float got too much, as well as asbestos within the building posing a health threat.
Now, explorers use this building as a basis for exploring and taking photographs. They say the long, dark, creepy corridors create the perfect mysterious images.